Ever wondered what makeup artist carry in their kits? Or are you an inspiring makeup artist and trying to start your kit on a budget. Well I will give you tips and products that will be awesome to use and are just as good as all the major brands.
1. The first thing any makeup artist needs is a Case to store and organize your makeup when traveling and going to different places, their are several options on how you can store your make up- some artist use either a train case, a rolling train case, or a makeup artist location bag.
2. The next tool is a Makeup Artist Brush and Tool Apron, you simply put it around your waist, and it is good for when your on the set and you have all the tools you need in that one pouch. This apron has multiple pockets, pouches and hooks for Brushes, Tools, Cell Phone or other personal items.
3. The next tool you need are Brushes, now when it comes to choosing what brushes to get, you want to make sure their good quality brushes– like brushes that are not shedding, the bristles are not to hard or not too soft. The most popular brushes out right now are the MAC brushes and Sigma brushes, but those are also the most expensive. If you are on a budget and your looking for good quality brushes that are just as nice and work just as well as the MAC or Sigma brushes, then check out Coastal Scents or Sonia Kashuk brushes. Now the Sonia Kashuk brushes are a bit on the pricier side compared to Coastal Scents brushes.
4. The next tool is optional but many makeup artists have been using the Beauty Blender Sponge, which is used to apply foundation. Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.
5. The next tool is the Eyelash Curler, whether your apply falsies or just curling your clients natural lashes, this is a must have.
6. The next tool is a Makeup Pencil Sharpener. The pencil sharpener is used to sharpen eye liner, lip liner, and jumbo eye pencils.
Stay tuned for PART 2 of A Makeup Artist’s Series: Must Have Basics!
Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup artist.