Every college student should have these top 8 essentials in their closet. These items are whats in this season and it is a staple.
The items you should have is:
1. Denim Jacket- Denis is a popular trend this year whether your wearing a cropped denim jacket, a denim vest or a regular denim jacket, you should have at least one of these in your wardrobe. You can easily dress up a plain simple dress, or throw on a denim vest with a bodycon skirt and a nice v-neck shirt.
2. Blazers- Blazers are also in this Fall as well. Everyone should have at least 1 or two blazers (black, navy, tan or blue), or if you like to add a pop of color to a plain outfit, you can easily throw on a bright colored blazer (hot pink, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple). Blazers come in a variety of colors and patterns. The best place to find blazers is at Forever 21, H&M, and Charlotte Russe, or if you like to save money you can easily find tons of blazers at your local thrift store. Blazers can also dress up any plain outfit.
3. V-Necks- V-Necks are an essential because you can either dress it up or down. You can wear a v-neck with just about any type of bottoms, and they come in a variety of colors. You can find great deals on V-Necks at Forever 21, H&M and Wet Seal.
4. Leggings: Leggings are great for the fall because they come in a variety of colors and patterns as well. A big trend this year are leopard print leggings, and high waisted leggings. The key to wearing leggings is to wear a long top that will cover your buttocks (LOL), it’s definitely not cute walking around with leggings and a short shirt.
5. Colored Jeans or Jeggings: Colored jeans or jeggings are definitely in this summer for the fall. The colors I recommend that are Fall appropriate are dark greens, royal blues, red, orange, and corals. When wearing colored jeans, it is best to balance out the color with a nude shoe or blazer.
6. Peacoat- Peacoats are definitely in this Fall, you can find different styles of peacoats like military inspired. Peacoats also come in a variety of colors and patterns. the essential colors that every college girl should have in their wardrobe are navy blue, black, gray, charcoal, and tan. Those colors will go with just about anything.
7. Combat Boots- Combat Boots have been really big this year, and they are still in for Fall and Winter of 2011. Every girl should have a pair of black, gray, brown and tan colored combat boots in their wardrobe. You can wear combat boots with just about any outfit weather its with leggings, jeans, skirts, shorts, or a dress. Combat boots brings a vibe of masculinity to any girly or dressy outfit, or you can wear the boots to aim for the edgy rock star look. They come in many lengths also. Look for them at Forever 21, H&M, Charlotte Russe, and Delias.
8. Oxfords- Oxfords come in many styles, whether its the original style, high tops (booties), floral print, leopard print or solid colored; you can easily wear these shoes with just about any outfit.